– Chicken Broth (approx. 15oz)
– Can of diced tomatoes (diced, no salt added)
– Package of chicken sausage
– 1 eggplant
– 1/2 package of baby bella mushrooms
– 1 jar roasted red peppers
– 1 bag of chopped kale
– 1T olive oil
*Can ALL be found at Trader Joe’s, my homeland ❤ . Also, the inspiration for this stemmed from a similar recipe using white beans. I like them but didn’t want to use beans and want to increase my veggie intake. That recipe may be easier (less ingredients) for you, if you’d like to see it, check it out on RealSimple.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan/pot whatever you would make soup/meatballs in
2. Cook sausage until browned
3. Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, red peppers, mushrooms, and eggplant bring to boil then drop to simmer
4. Fold in kale, until all has cooked/wilted into stew
This was one of my easiest, quickest meal preps. Who doesn’t love that?
Makes 5 servings… I got 5 lunches, you may get 1 meal for the family. Either way, Yum!