I have gradually been building my tolerance to spice over the past couple of years. Okay, it hasn’t really been working and mild is still spicy to me, but I’m trying!
The craving for buffalo flavor is new to me (this year) so I must be making progress. And for whatever reason, it now comes every Sunday during football games. Looks like I can now join the rest of the country on this hankering… Almost.
I say ‘almost’ because as per usual, I need to find the healthiest version possible! I love love love places that offer grilled wings. Mine are not grilled bc its too damn cold out- like literally snowing yesterday- however, they are baked. Here’s how they came out and the recipe below:
1. Package of chicken wings–I used approximately 2lbs of Purdue “wingettes” which cost me about $7.
2. Bottle of *Garlic* Buffalo Wing Sauce– Really shop your options here. The garlic flavor is specific to this recipe, but you have to be careful in general when browsing the hot sauce shelves. Some of them contain calories and others are LOADED with sodium. Especially some name brands, that everyone knows, and rhymes with Spanks…
3. Parmesean Cheese (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spread wings across glass baking dish and pour your hot sauce over top.
3. Bake for 60 minutes total.
4. As for the cheese? I sprinkled a coating on at 30 minutes and again at 45 minutes, rotating the meat at these times as well. (I probably used somewhere in between 1/4-1/2 cup total, to give you some idea.)
5. Put wings in the dish you are serving, then pour extra sauce from baking dish over top to get all the juice and feel free to sprinkle with additional cheese 🙂