Last night I sat in on a (free) webinar with the ladies (and members) of Girls Gone Strong for nearly an hour and a half. We talked a lot about self-development and the ability to recognize the effects of one’s own thoughts and how they translate into all parts of your life. Some of what was discussed was out of my typical realm; but other ideas and concepts reminded me of my glorious lululemon days. I noted a few quotes that I think everyone can understand and benefit from.
1. If you don’t slow down, your body will slow you down.
2. If you don’t have a goal, it’s like travelling without a destination.
3. Stress does not exist, only people thinking things are stressful exist.
Stress prevails when one’s thoughts are focused on one or more of the following: a) being right b) competition/winning c) your reputation d) equate happiness to external objects such as $money$ & possessions e) being superior, rather than being kind
4. Recognize thoughts and redirect them where they’re meant to go. (Towards happiness, not chaos.)
5. You may not have control of what happens, but you have control of how you react.
I truly believe in each and everyone of these statements. When I am caught up in a negative thought, feeling, situation… I always always try to remind myself of one or more of the above. I just didn’t know there were other people out there like me! Please (re)read them over & over again and realize how amazingly true they are, then take control over your life and give yourself a positive environment.
Oh and how bout this?! I won a free seat in their 6 week workshop coming up called “The Complete Body Program”. Guess how. They played a clip of a song and you had to send in which song it was. I immediately knew it! ha ha