I have been terrible lately with my time management in the mornings… so to change it I made these quick & easy Fast-Grab Frittatas.
I love breakfast.
I prefer something fresh over a bar. Something within my nutrition plan of high protein, low sugar, low carb. I don’t need to start the day with a ton of calories.
Everyone seems to okay an early morning calorie load bc ‘you’ll burn them later‘. This motto is not for me- I prefer ‘Eat when you are hungry and don’t when you’re not‘. (That doesn’t mean not when you are too busy for it either!)
I follow this bc my morning hunger and body’s needs vary, esp depending on when i workout. If you can bring it with you, you can eat it as soon as your stomach starts grumbling (if it hasn’t already) or when you slow down for a minute to realize you are hungry. And odds are if you don’t have time to cook breakfast, you don’t have time to stop and pick it up either!
So here’s my grab-n-go breakfast for the week:
2 muffins is 111 calories, 2g carbs, 5g fat, 16g protein, 1g sugar 🙂
Fast-Grab Frittata RECIPE:
12 Egg whites
6 Eggs (whole)
1/2 tomato, chopped
3-4 mini bell peppers, chopped
2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin tin (i used non-stick olive oil spray; these will stick to liners.)
2. Combine all chopped vegetables
3. Spoon vegetables evenly across muffin tin
4. Combine eggs & whisk until all yolks are broken (make sure bc the muffins will turn out seperated, if not)
5. Pour eggs over vegetables of each tin. Mine came to the tops.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine took closer to 30.
7. *IMPORTANT* Take out of tin to allow the egg muffins to cool. – I made these once before and they were not so good- they were all soggy and mushy- its bc i failed to remove from the muffin tins!
8. Pair off into zip lock bags and refrigerate.
…And you are all set for 6 days 🙂